Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Who's Reality


There was a time when I was addicted to news and I would get really worked up over things I saw on CNN or Nancy Grace. Once, when I was rambling on to my brother about American politics, he was like "whoa, simmer down. I don't even pay attention to that stuff and I live here!"
I guess there is a fine line between being informed and being an "information junkie."

I really got sucked into the Natalee Holloway story when she first disappeared while vacationing in Aruba in 2005. The missing body, her relentless mother, that despicable sociopath Joren Van der Sloot. We all knew that she would never be found, just as sure as we knew he did it.

Here we are five years later and Natalee is still missing and Van der Sloot has just been arrested in Chile for the confessed murder of a young Peruvian girl named Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramírez.
He apparently smashed in her skull with a tennis racquet and broke her neck when she attempted to escape from his hotel room after discovering his connection to the Holloway disappearance.

What boils my blood is that a string of audacious and highly suspicious acts committed by Van der Sloot since Natalee went missing were mostly ignored by authorities. They may have been aware of his actions, but they did nothing to stop him. He should have been in jail, not free to murder someone else's daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment